Home loan appointment checklist
Documents to bring to your appointment
For your home loan appointment please ensure you bring the following information to confirm your details so we can help find the home loan that best suits you.
Your personal identification
Bring two of the following current documents to complete the customer identification process:
- Driver’s licence
- Photo ID (i.e. Proof of Age Card, Australian tertiary institution card, Department of Defence, Waterways/Boat Licence).
Or if you only have one of the above forms of photo ID, you will also need to bring one of the following:
- Birth certificate
- Citizenship certificate
- Centrelink Pension Card
- Medicare Card
- Utilities bill (less than three months old)
- Rates notice (less than three months old)
- Tax assessment notice (less than 12 months old).
To confirm your PAYG income, provide either:
- Your most recent pay slip confirming at least 3 months Year To Date (YTD) income.
Or provide your most recent pay slip without YTD income and one of the following to confirm 3 months of continuous employment:
- A pay slip dated 3 months prior to your recent pay slip
- Tax Agent prepared tax return (not hand written)
- ATO Notice of assessment
- PAYG Summary (not handwritten)
- Letter from employer or employment contract.
- 2 years recent Individual Tax Return and accompanying ATO assessment notices and;
- 2 years recent Business Tax Return, Profit and Loss Statement, and Balance Sheet.
To confirm your rental income, provide one of the following:
- A signed lease (either current or new)
- Most recent tax return
- Most recent rental statement
- Real Estate Agency letter.
You should also bring details of any other income such as:
- Shareholding statement
- Your tax returns from the last two years
- Record of investment to confirm interest
- Centrelink statement confirming government benefits
Your financial position
Listing your other assets and liabilities will help us determine your capacity to repay the loan.
Bring along proof of savings (bank account details) and a list of any other assets you have (e.g. current term deposit account, share investment statement, property or motor vehicle assets).
Listing liabilities will help us to quickly determine how much you can afford to repay on your loan. Please bring the following:
- Existing loan statements
- Credit and store card statements.
Property purchase/construction (if applicable)
To enable us to determine what you are buying we will need:
- Contract of sale
- Copy of Transfer of Land
- Proof of Property Insurance
- Fixed Price Building contract (if building)
- Council approved building plans/specifications or Building Permit (if building)
- Proof of all other assets (superannuation statement) and all other personal insurances policies.
If refinancing your loan you will need:
- Home loan statements for the last 6 months